Saturday, July 4, 2015

He always amazes me

It always amazes me how far he has come. He seemed to be a typical child until around 18 months when it all suddenly seemed to go away. He lost the few words he knew, didn't make eye contact or even respond to his name. Fast forward to today and he can hold simple conversations and even look you in the eyes although I think it gets uncomfortable for him after a while. I love to watch him study people's faces. He is very facial expression oriented and relies a lot on them to understand how someone is feeling. If he can't tell how I am feeling he will make a point to make eye contact with me and smile until I smile make. He really is such a sweet amazing boy. I would not give up this journey with him for anything in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment